Graphic Design Instructions for Paper Bags
Thank you for selecting Package Containers for your custom bag design. Our side-seam bag construction* allows you to design “wrap-around” graphics for dramatic brand impact! We offer up to 4-sided printing and up to 4-color process, depending on bag size**.
Please consider the following guidelines when creating your custom bag:
- Art must be submitted on PCI bag templates (provided on request) and returned in either Adobe Illustrator version CS5 or earlier; other acceptable formats are vector art or .EPS files.
- Avoid screens if possible. If there are screens keep them between 15% and 80%.
- Line screen is 55 lpi. Don’t worry about dot gain; we will manage that on the presses.
- No lines should be smaller than 1.5 points. We need 2.5 points for trapping. Trapping allowance is 1/16th minimum.
- Keep solid printing away from all sides by 3/8 inch. Some line art can wrap around panel #1 thru #3, BUT glue line between panel #4 and #1 will not match as widths may vary! Please contact us for explanation of template panel numbering.
- Please do not design bag art to cover handle. Our bags are made and printed simultaneously on one press, then handles are secured on the bag as a secondary manufacturing operation. Please note the bag handle also can be imprinted with a repeat or reverse design; please contact us for these dimensions which vary by bag size. If you are considering a reverse or a solid color handle, please contact PCI for specific design instructions. Note: Wine bags do not have handles.
- Reverse print needs to be 10 points and positive print keep at 8 points or better.
- We accept 1, 2 or 3 colors (based on bag size) with no third color from screening.
- Attach all support files and fonts. If larger than 10 Mb let us know and we will direct you to a FTP upload site.
Thanks for allowing Package Containers to help you with your special packaging needs! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions, or call 1-800-266-5806 and ask for Alan Gunderson, Art Director.
*Mini, Junior and Wine bag sizes have center seam; all other sizes feature size-seam construction.
**Mini, Junior and Wine bag sizes imprinted in up to 2 colors; Cadet, Prep, Jumbo, King in up to 3 colors; Senior and Retail, up to 4 colors. All bags can be imprinted on up to 4 sides.
***Custom Home-Toter® minimum order is 25,000 totes. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your needs.
PCI Bag Chart
Double Bottle Wine
6 ½ x 3 ½ x 12
Natural & White
Prints 4c 4s
Printed Handle: Yes
*Pinch Bottom Style; all other sizes are self-opening style.
All paper bags available in recycled and virgin content.